Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!

Here it is - New Year's Day 2013!! I remember when I thought the year 2000 was so far away and here it is 13 years past that day.  Time does seem to speed up as we get older.

Do you have any resolutions?  We spoke in worship last Sunday about making the great resolution of shoring up the foundation of faith and we participated in part of the Wesleyan Covenant service.  It was meaningful to honor the past, take part in the present and have hope for the future!  To renew my covenant with God reminded me of what is truly important in life - my faith, my family, my friends and my neighbors.  So, I am hoping 2013 brings me closer to God and to all who I meet on my journey.

This Sunday is Epiphany and on that day we celebrate the magi's visit to see Jesus.  And we see that their lives were transformed by their experience of the Christ child.  So, as we begin 2013 let's resolve to make things different, to live our lives transformed by Jesus - by reorienting our priorities not to focus on ourselves, but on the radical love Jesus gives from us and asks in return.  Won't that be an adventure? 

I invite you to look back at the last year and see the road(s) you have taken.  Then look ahead and make a plan - how can my road lead me to spend more time with the people I love?  How can I demonstrate my faith through community and service?  How can I make my relationship with God even stronger?  Will it be the same road as last year or a different one?

Happy New Year!

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment