Friday, July 22, 2011

Almost Time!

In a little more than 12 hours our odyssey to Africa will be underway! I have left Duluth and am in the Twin Cities doing final packing, saying goodbye and preparing for this great adventure. Even the disc problem in my neck won't keep me from this great opportunity to learn more about another part of the world and to meet new people. That's how you really build a global community, isn't it? We cannot be a community until we know about the way we all live together on this planet of God's creation.

I am excited, a little fearful and a little sad at leaving. I will miss my family, friends and of course Bella but I am looking forward to a vacation, a chance to learn about Africa and the wonderful experience of connecting with United Methodists around the world.

How do you feel about the opportunities in your life? Are you ready to grabe them or content to watch for the sidelines? Next time I write I will be in the southern hemisphere and that in itself will be a next experience!

1 comment: