Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Sense o Humor

I think it's times like this that I am reminded God has a sense of humor.  No matter how much I believe in a higher power I still think things are going to turn out as I expect - until something like this trip happens.  And just because it does not turn out as planned doesn't mean it's bad, just another road traveled!

We made to  Capetown via Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on Ethiopian Air!  Never thought I would end up in Ethiopia but what I saw from the airport was lovely and an unexpected bonus to the trip.  We lost our first day in Cape Town arriving one full day late but today we made the most of it with an absolutely fabulous trip down to the Cape of Good Hope.  We saw penguins and sea lions in their natural habitiat, baboons sauntering down the middle of the road, ostrich and bok in the national park and finally the wild and beautiful cape, the southern most point of western Africa.  the weather was perfect, the tour guide wonderful and all of us put our cares away and just enjoyed this wild and beautiful place.

However, we are about to begin day 5 without luggage and that's beginning to take its toll.  We suspect it never left Washington D.C. but no one seems able to find it!  You either laugh or cry  and we have decided to laugh.  We bought enough close to be warm on our excursions and hope tomorrow will bring our luggage to us.  My neck, which was fine during all of the flights, has declared war on me and so  I writhe in pain periodically but always find the strength to take photos of all of this wonder!

So, I think the perils of humans, in this case the four Boche sisters, is giving God a good laugh.  And we are laughing too.  After all, we are on vacation in a garden spot in the world.

Blessings!

2 comments: