Friday, July 15, 2011

One more week...

After a few technical difficulties with being able to get back in to my blog, here I am again!

In one week I will be leaving Duluth and heading for the Twin Cities where on Saturday we will begin our journey to Africa.  I have been planning for a long time but with only a week to go I am feeling the pinch of getting everything done at work and packing.  It's amazing how much pressure we can put on ourselves even when we are trying to get ready for a trip of a lifetime!

I had the opportunity to meet the General Secretary of the UMC Commission of Archives and History, Robert Williams, this week in Winona.  He is an interesting and knowledgeable man and I will see him in Durban!  What a wonderful world where we can make connections such as this one and have it when we travel to places far outside our comfort zone.

Life is about relationships and making new ones in places we don't expect is part of the web of life that gives us meaning, inspiration and hope.  The topic for worship on Sunday is "Keeping the Faith" which is appropriate as I remember that what I am doing is for a purpose and it will work out.  I take some quiet time to just breathe in and out and try to relax so that when I begin my journey I am ready physically as well as mentally.

As I go into this last week of preparation I am thankful for great people with whom I work and for the love and enthusiasm of friends and family.  I can't wait to explore, learn, rest, renew, reconnect with my sisters and make new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment